You have decided to pursue an overseas education; however, you are confused about selecting the right education agent and how to lodge a successful university and / or visa application.
Be cautious, many education agencies provide students with inaccurate and misleading advice from those that have no experience living or studying overseas. These agencies pay scant regard to a student’s short-, medium- or long-term objectives. Remember, an education agent does not require any formal qualifications or certification to operate. You must feel comfortable when making your decision to engage an education agency. This article will describe some of the guiding principles of StudyOverseasNow.com and what to look out for when meeting other agencies.
Students have several options when selecting an education agency. As with most industries there are some who operate with integrity; and others who are motivated purely by financial gain. Our CEO & Founder; Mr James Collins, has worked for multiple universities in Australia, United States and United Kingdom and states.
“I was driven to open an education consultancy in India because many students do not have access to professionals who have experience living, working, and studying overseas. Often, students are provided incorrect information which leads to them studying courses and living in countries which are not right for them. Students should never be viewed as a commodity and StudyOverseasNow.com places a significant emphasis on trust and integrity throughout the student journey.”
StudyOverseasNow.com only work with a small number of students each year. All students are provided a FREE Consultation with an education advisor to assess what options are right for them. At no point should students feel pressured into making hasty/ill-considered decisions; in some cases students are better off delaying their studies before making a firm study plan.
Students will invest a significant amount of time and money whilst studying overseas, making such an investment requires the confidence a return on investment will eventuate. The StudyOverseasNow.com team have decades of experience advising students on the study options available to them. We help students identify the types of industries which are likely to experience long term demand; whilst cautioning against other more popular programs, that are at risk of automation and digital disruption.
We understand not all students would like to procure the services of an education agent. If this includes you, please follow some simple advice and guidance below:
- Make sure the individual providing assistance has the relevant work and study experience.
- Never feel rushed into a decision. If you do feel rushed take your services elsewhere. Your study plans can always be delayed.
- Make sure you are provided a range of options and not just the universities an agent might work with.
- Make sure the company has an office or place of residence. If an advisor only communicates via phone / email this should be a cause for concern.
- Ensure you know the Director or other senior officials within the business.
- Check online reviews or ask for student testimonials, any legitimate business should have these.
- Does the education agency have a presence on social media?
- Does the company require a significant amount of money upfront before proceeding with your application? If so, do not engage with this company.
- Does the company guarantee a job or Permanent Residency following course completion? If so, this should be viewed as inaccurate and misleading information.
- Does the company guarantee a successful visa grant? This is not possible, and you should proceed with extreme caution.
- Does the company have a published refund policy in the unlikely event you cannot travel, or you obtain a visa rejection? If not, this damages the credibility of that company.
- Check if the education advisor has undertaken any formal training. Many organisations like the British Council provide free training and advice to education agencies.
We hope you found the information in this blog useful. If you have any questions book a FREE Consultation with one of our education advisors and receive expert advice from those that have lived, studied, and worked overseas.